Sunday November 12th, 2- 5 PM @ Silverstein Base Hillel
Please join Silverstein Base Hillel and Mishkan for a hands-on, engaging learning opportunity on the topic of antisemitism. Co-facilitated by Rabbi Megan GoldMarche (Silverstein Base Hillel), Rabbi Lauren Henderson (Mishkan Chicago), and Stephanie Goldfarb (Director of Youth Philanthropy & Engagement at JUF) this three-hour workshop is designed to provide participants with:
- a short overview of the history of antisemitism
- illustrations of how antisemitism can look and feel similarly and differently in today's political climate
- what the deal is with "intersectionality," why you keep hearing about it, and how it is both useful and limiting in social justice work
- space for participants to share and process personal experiences with other folks who care (and might have similar experiences too!)
- tools and resources we can all use to start thinking critically about the communities to which we belong and with which we identify
While this topic is relevant to Jews of all ages, this particular workshop is geared toward younger folks (20s and 30s). BUT, we are definitely hoping to expand our reach soon!
Space Limited! Register at; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwCqYk0PoG8y-zPy2hntw4NeoNpL8KQZiIBGo9oD8_Fzy8Fg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Facebook page for more info.